Социология TOPIC:MUSIC просмотров - 41
1. Talk about the status of classical music in today’s world.
2. Many people are concerned about the harmful influence of rock music on young people. “Rock music in its lyrics often talks ahead of the time about what's going on in the country. “ - says Edmund G. Brown. Talk about this controversial issue.
3. Talk about the issue of lip-synching.
4. “Without music life would be a mistake” –said Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche. Do you agree with his idea ?
5. Look at the quotation by Robert Benchley :”Opera is where a guy gets stabbed in the back, and instead of dying, he sings. Does it reflect the common view about opera music today?
6. “Music is the medicine of the breaking heart”-said Leigh Hunt. “Why waste money on psychotherapy when you can listen to the B Minor Mass?” – says Michael Torke. Do people today treat music like that?
7. Talk about the pros and cons of classical tunes on mobiles.
8. Once George Bernard Shaw said : “ Hell is full of musical amateurs.”. Is it true today?
9. Jeremy Collier, a seventeenth-century Englishman, thought that music was "almost as dangerous as gunpowder" and might require "looking after no less than the press". Should song lyrics be censored?
10. The idea of music making children smarter is debatable and controversial. Some people claim that children who play musical instruments read earlier, and score higher on standardizes test. What do think about it?
11. The abbreviation pop music means popular music. Talk about the reasons of its popularity among teens and adults.