Психология Appendix 1 просмотров - 93
QUOTES BY FAMOUS PSYCHOLOGISTS
Quotes by Burrhus Frederic Skinner
1. "Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten."
2. "A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying."
3. "Give me a child and I'll shape him into anything."
4. "Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless."
5. "Physics does not change the nature of the world it studies, and no science of behavior can change the essential nature of man, even though both sciences yield technologies with a vast power to manipulate the subject matters."
8."The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do."
Quotes by Maria Montessori
1. "There is in every child a painstaking teacher, so skilful that he obtains identical results in all children in all parts of the world. The only language men ever speak perfectly is the one they learn in babyhood, when no one can teach them anything!"
2. "An educational method that shall have liberty as its basis must intervene to help the child to a conquest of liberty. That is to say, his training must be such as shall help him to diminish as much as possible the social bonds which limit his activity."
3. "If we can, when we have established individual discipline, arrange the children, sending each one to his own place, in order, trying to make them understand the idea that thus placed they look well, and that it is a good thing to be thus placed in order, that it is a good and pleasing arrangement in the room, this ordered and tranquil adjustment of theirs -- then their remaining in their places, quiet and silent, is the result of a species of lesson, not an imposition. To make them understand the idea, without calling their attention too forcibly to the practice, to have them assimilate a principle of collective order -- that is the important thing."
Quotes by Martin Heidegger
· "Man acts as though he were the shaper and master of language, while in fact language remains the master of man."
· "Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one."
Quotes by Jean Piaget
1. "The principle goal of education is to create men who are capable of doing new things, not simply of repeating what other generations have done — men who are creative, inventive and discoverers."
2. Education, for most people, means trying to lead the child to resemble the typical adult of his society... But for me, education means making creators... You have to make inventors, innovators, not conformists.
3. The principal goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive and discoverers, who can be critical and verify, and not accept, everything they are offered.
4. It is with children that we have the best chance of studying the development of logical knowledge, mathematical knowledge, physical knowledge, and so forth.
Quotes by Abraham H. Maslow
1. "The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness."
2. "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if they are to be ultimately at peace with themselves."
3. "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
4. "Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not. In either case the idea is quite staggering"
5. "We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings."
6. "What a man can be, he must be. This need we call self-actualization."
Quotes by Sigmund Freud
1. Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.
2. The psychic development of the individual is a short repetition of the course of development of the race
3. The ego is not master in its own house.
4. One feels inclined to say that the intention that man should be “happy” is not included in the plan of “Creation.”
Quotes by Carl Jung
1. The little world of childhood with its familiar surroundings is a model of the greater world. The more intensively the family has stamped its character upon the child, the more it will tend to feel and see its earlier miniature world again in the bigger world of adult life. Naturally this is not a conscious, intellectual process.
2. Emotion is the chief source of all becoming-conscious. There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion.
3. Freedom stretches only as far as the limits of our consciousness.
4. The bigger the crowd, the more negligible the individual.
Read and analyze details from the letter of application given below. Look at the outline of the letter on the left and indicate where the information should go. Write your own CV in English using qualifications you already have or ones that you think you might get in the future. Use the CV in ex. 1.11 as a model. 1.13. Letter of Application The letter of application, sometimes called cover letter can be as important as the CV because it is the first direct contact... [читать подробенее]
Text№7 Text№6 Text№5 Text№4 Text№3 In the last two decades cybernetics have experienced a major breakthrough .This led to the utilization of computers at nearly all parts of our daily life, from personal computers to complicated surgery performing. Surely the uptake of this technology facilitates a lot of difficult tasks but is this excessive dependence ripping the warmth of our lives? In this essay, I will outline how the availability of computers... [читать подробенее]
SEMI –COMPOUND SENTENCE (ОСЛОЖНЕННО – СОЧИНЕННЫЕ ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЯ). Этот тип предложения рассматривается в классической грамматике, в которой отмечалась его специфика. Уже в классической грамматике данный тип предложения не относился безоговорочно к простому предложению. Например,... [читать подробенее]
Termination Status of parties Confidential information Consulting fee Engagement Consulting agreement Translate into Ukrainian. Read this summary of the text. Say if the sentences are true or false. Explain when a contract may be cancelled. The main features of a contract include five issues. Contracts may be oral, written or signed. All contracts must be simple. It is not good for a contract to be specialized. A covenant is the... [читать подробенее]
Consulting agreement Translate into Ukrainian. Read this summary of the text. Say if the sentences are true or false. Explain when a contract may be cancelled. The main features of a contract include five issues. Contracts may be oral, written or signed. All contracts must be simple. It is not good for a contract to be specialized. A covenant is the usual form of a simple contract. Validity is important for contracts by specialty. Simple contracts may be... [читать подробенее]
Open the brackets and put the verbs into Past Simple, Present Simple, or Present Perfect. Rewrite the sentences, using Present Perfect. Note:Present Perfect is used 1) for actions which happened at an unstated time in the past (e.g. He has sold his car. – When? We don’t know.) 2) to express actions which have finished so recently that there’s evidence in the present (e.g. He has just painted the room. – The paint is wet.) 3) for actions which started in the... [читать подробенее]
Put the following sentences into negative and interrogative form. Read and translate the following proverbs and sayings. Give their Ukrainian equivalents. Try to memorize them. 1. East or west, home is best. 2. There is no place like home. 3. What belongs to everybody belongs to nobody. 4. Sweep before your own door, and we’ll have a clean city. 5. United we stand, divided we fall. 6. Fear the Greeks bringing the gifts. 8. Make a report on the topic... [читать подробенее]
Таблиця неправильних дієслів № Неозначена форма дієслова TheInfinitive Минулий час Past Indefinite/ Past Simple Дієприкметник минулого часу Past participle/ Participle ІІ Основні значення дієслова 1. arise arose arisen виникати, походити; підійматися 2. awake awoke awaked awoken ... [читать подробенее]
Appendix 1. APPENDICES Are you, in fact, the sort of person who likes parties? Do this questionnaire and choose the answer closest to your own view. 1. What sort of people are you attracted by? A Witty conversationalists B Anyone C Tall, brow-eyed beauties D People with a past 2. It’s your hostess’s birthday so you decide to bring her a present. Is it … A a bottle of expensive champagne? B a plant you were given, but are not very fond of? C a very large and... [читать подробенее]
American Culture and Culture Shock: Myths and Realities From your reading, from American films and TV, and from talking with Americans in your country, you have probably formed some idea of life in the United States. Some of what you have seen and heard is true; some of it is probably distorted or just plain fiction. To help you distinguish fantasy from fact, we include several common "mythical" statements about life in the United States, followed by our view of the reality behind... [читать подробенее]