Психология Approaches, contribute, awareness, internal, make-up, social, development, unique, living. просмотров - 75
1. There are six main … to psychology.
2. However, all of them … to our … of human behavior.
3. The biological approach which is all about how our … psychological process and our genetic … influences our behaviour.
4. The … approach which is to do how we interact with other people.
5. Developmental psychologists are interested in three areas of human … .
6. Humanistic psychologists regard every individual as … and are interested in helping people to uncover and use their own special potential.
7. Psychology is a very real and … subject.
19. Work in pairs. Find out from your partner:
- if he/she knows why individual psychologists have to specialize;
- whether he/she can name six main approaches to psychology;
- whether he/she knows what these approaches are about;
- if he/she can prove that psychology is a very real and living subject.
20. Prove that:
- psychology is a huge subject;
- different approaches are partly concerned with different ways of doing psychology and partly with different areas of interest.
21. Imagine that:
- you are a professor of psychology and explain the existence of different approaches to psychology;
- you are a professional psychologist and you support a certain approach. Speak about your approach.
Lesson 4. COMPREHENSION CHECK
Choose the best alternative according to the texts.
1. Human beings are extremely complex, so individual psychologists have to
a) work individually with every person,
c)study the history of mankind.
2. Psychologysts are interested in learning about
a) the human mind.
b) the human body,
c) the human character.
3. We are all applying psychology
a) from time to time,
b) all the time.
c) very seldom.
4. Although we use psychology in our everyday life, we do it as
c) psychology students.
5. Scientific investigation has to happen
a) very systematically and in a scientific manner.
b) not very systematically.
b) very systematically and in amateurs manner.
6. Psychologists work under
strict police control, strict ethical constraints, strict international supervision.
7. Psychological research methods can be used only after their evaluation and discussion by
a) ethics committee.
c) police administration.
8. Psychological model is an explanation for
a) ethics restrictions.
b) the use of psychological research methods.
c) why things happen or how a psychological process occurs.
9. The behaviourist approach looks at the way
a) our environment affects our behaviour.
b) our health affects our life.
c) our education affects our work.
10. The developmental approach to psychology studies
a) how human beings change over time.
b) how we acquire language.
c) how we bring up our children.
11. The humanistic approach focuses on
a) individual experience, rather than on people in general.
b) the development of the mankind.
c) the study of peoples and cultures.
12. It is possible to do a lot of damage
a) by applying psychology in the wrong way.
b) by working under strict ethical constraints.
c) by working with 'difficult' children.
13. The cognitive approach is all about
a) the study of our mental process.
b) the study of our health.
c) the study of our mental diseases.
14. Studying psychology involves learning about
a) psychological research and about how psychology can be applied.
b) physiological research methods.
c) ways of studying political situations in different countries.
15. Psychologists never work with
Lesson 5 Psychology in action
Read about different types of psychology and choose for yourself a brunch of psychology in accordance with your scientific interests. Give the reasons for your choice.