Менеджмент Answer the following questions. просмотров - 73
Complete the following sentences.
Choose the right answer
Say True or False
partnership – товарищество, партнерство
to form a partnership – организовать, создать партнерство
co-owner – совладелец
rights and duties – права и обязанности
agreement – соглашение, договор
amount – количество
to assume – принимать на себя, брать на себя
“silent partner” – пассивный партнер
to take part in something – принимать в кем-то участие
ownership – собственность
exempt from – освобожденный от
share of earnings – доля заработка
beyond – сверх, вне, свыше
major – главный, более важный
liable for – ответственный за
debt – долг
to bind upon – связывать, переплетаться с
to squander – расточать, проматывать
1. The rights and duties of a partnership are regulated by a legal agreement between the co-owners.
2. A “silent partner” takes part in the management, but does not invest money in the business.
3. The partnership is liable for most of the reporting that the government requires of corporations.
4. Individual partners are taxed on their share of earnings.
5. Decision making is shared.
6. A partner is not legally binding upon all the others.
7. The partnership remains a vital part of the overall business economy.
1. A partnership is ________.
a) a business formed for losses by two or more co-owners
b) a firm owned and operated by a single person
c) a business formed for profit by two or more co-owners
2. What specifies the amount of money each co-owners is investing?
a) the laws of the state
b) an agreement entered into by the co-owners
3. A “silent partner” is a co-owner ________.
a) who takes part in the management, but who does not invest money
b) qualified in production
c) who does not take part in the management, but who invests money in the business
4. Federal taxes are paid by individual partners on their ________.
a) share of earnings
b) share of losses
c) share of income
5. A major disadvantage of the partnership is that ________.
a) each partner assumes define rights and duties
b) decision-making is shared
c) each member is liable for all the debts of the partnership
1. When a proprietor wants to expand a business, one way to do it is … .
2. The rights and duties of a partnership are regulated by laws of the state where …
3. A partnership agreement also may provide for a … .
4. The partnership has the advantage of … .
5. The partnership is exempt from … .
6. If one partner takes a large amount of money from the business and squanders it, … .
7. If partners have serious and constant disagreements, … .
8. The partnership remains … .
1. What are advantages and disadvantages of a business partnership?
2. Compare a partnership with a sole proprietorship. What are principal similarities and differences?
3. Which form of business organization would you choose? Why?
Read and translate these dialogues. Answer the following questions Translate the words and word combinations given in brackets Say whether the following statements are true or false 1. Weather is the conditions of the atmosphere over a period of some years. 2. Deserts are commonly found where the climate is humid and not cold. 3. The position of the island in the temperate belt is one of the facts that determine the climate of Britain. 4. The British... [читать подробенее]
Read and translate the dialogue. Reproduce it Translate into English Complete the following sentences Fill in the blanks with the suitable words from the text 1. ………. makes up only 0.02 per cent of the mass of the earth. 2. ………. is composed of materials much denser than those making up the crust. 3. The atmosphere, the hydrosphere and the lithosphere are the ………. layers of the earth. 4. The earth is not a true ……….... [читать подробенее]
Complete the following sentences Translate these sentences into English Reproduce the dialogue. Use the words and word combinations in brackets instead of given ones Look through the text and find English equivalents for the following word combinations -готовить специалистов -выполнять курсовые работы -курс обучения -различные регионы мира -принимать... [читать подробенее]
Read the texts and reproduce them in the form of a dialogue Complete the following sentences Say whether the following statements are true or false 1. Antarctica is larger than Europe and Australia. 2. Ninety per cent of the world’s ice is known to be concentrated on the North Pole. 3. The thickness of the ice cap has been measured to average about 800 feet. 4. There are many rivers in Antarctica. 5. Antarctica is devoid of plant and animal... [читать подробенее]
Task 14. Complete the sentences using the following word expressions from the box. Task 12. Match the English and Ukrainian equivalents. 1. be really matter 2. receive 3. resort 4. the armed forces 5. the dissolution 6. the heir a) oтримати b) спадкоємець c) військові сили d) мати значення e) розпуск f) звернення Task 13. Fill in the gaps with the appropriate prepositions: 1) The size of... [читать подробенее]
II. Give (he principal forms of the following verbs? to try; to lose; to shake; to break; to injure; to deny; to win; to pay; to testify; to grow III. Find in the text English equivalents for the following Russian phrases and sentences and use them in situations based on the text: вот, что я Вам скажу, мисс Каннингем...; за исключением некоторых подробностей; у него было такое чувство, что...; как... [читать подробенее]
Choose the necessary word and put it into the gap. Translate the following sentences into Russian paying attention to the words in bold type. a) 1. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 2. He's been out of work for a month but now he's found a very good job in New York. 3. A doctor, a teacher, a journalist, and an architect are very good professions. 4. He comes from a professional family. 5. He took up journalism as his career. 6. A job is something you... [читать подробенее]
VII. Choose the correct word VI. Choose the correct, most natural-sounding responses according to the context of the conversation You: Could I get another _____________, please? I'm a little cold. a). Coke b). blanket c). magazine Flight attendant: Certainly, sir. Would you like a pillow as well? You: No, thanks. But could you please bring me a ________________? a). Coke b). liquid c). soft Flight attendant: Sure, would you like ice in that? You: Yes, please...... [читать подробенее]
1. When do you usually go shopping? 2. Where do you go shopping? 3. What have you bought today in the way of food? 4. What have you recently bought in the way of manufactured goods? 5. What departments do you visit most often? 6. Are the shops crowded when you do your shopping? 7. What do you usually buy in the market? 8. What is the biggest Department Store in Kyiv (in your home town)? 9. What is your favourite shop / Department Store? Why? 10. Are you a spendaholic? What... [читать подробенее]
LISTENING Match each word from the text with its synonym. Fill in the words from the list below. Use each word only once. LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENTengine, steam, mechanical, external, combustion, vehicle, chemical 1. air-breathing ….. 2. internal ….. engine 3. original ….. engine 4. non combustive ….. reactions 5. useful ….. motion 6. engine-powered ….. 7. ….. combustion engine 1. fluid a) power 2. engine b) apparatus 3. energy c)... [читать подробенее]