Менеджмент BUSINESS ETHICS просмотров - 59
B) Insert articles and prepositions where necessary.
A) Read and translate the text.
Read the text carefully and decide whether these statements are true or false. Reason it out.
Write down a brief phrase or single word to mean the same as each of the following words.
· cross-border commerce
1. Prospective international managers must first realize there are a lot of ways to enter an international market.
2. There is only one model which helps any business to operate in the international sphere.
3. Any company of any size may enter the international market.
4. The differences among these options are sometimes subtle in nature.
5. In the 1980s, the world's leading industrialized nations began an era of cooperation in which they tried to improve the world economy as a whole.
6. These nations continued to seek a nation's ability to produce some products more cheaply or better than the others, but in the process of international cooperation.
7. The pacts created by the companies opened the door through which multinational companies in various aspects of business entered the international market.
8. The cross-border business influenced positively the economy of the USA.
9. In 1992, the United States exported $532 billion worth of goods and services, while importing more than $448 billion worth from other countries.
10. Adjusting for inflation, in the process of international cooperation the value of exports grows over a short period of time, and the value of imports also rises under such circumstances.
The successful managers / business leaders of tomorrow will be those who are able …“walk the talk”, especially … terms …ethics. For one essential reason: in a world where trust is … quickly fading value in all ... sectors of life, these leaders will inspire trust … others. With this in perspective, this module aims … making the students aware of the quickly growing … importance of ethics in today's business world. It gives them guidelines to address ethical issues-dilemmas and establishes clear links between business ethics, C.S.R. (corporate social responsibility) and S.R.I. (socially responsible investment). It intends to make them realize … very often, over the middle or long term, business with ethics can get unbelievable … results.
The success … companies in today’s business environment depends … many factors:
• The capacity to lead effective organizational processes and change across borders;
• The capability to build global teamwork within … network of business units and/or partners;
• The ability of managers to operate, cooperate and compete effectively across many different cultures.
This module aims to enable participants to understand and develop the skills required … today’s business to manage effectively … … international environment, to improve communication across cultures and understand international … teamwork.
Words you may need:
to inspire – надихати
to aim – мати за ціль
guidelines – директива
link – зв'язок
capacity – спроможність
Unit IX. Text A The New Achievers Better Communicators It’s an overgeneralization, of course, but it remains true that men will more readily take the initiative than women. The female style of management leans towards consensus and conciliation. Women seem to be better communicators than men – both more articulate and better listeners. And perhaps it is women’s capacity to listen which makes them particularly effective in people-oriented areas of business. In any mixed... [читать подробенее]
B) Insert articles and prepositions where necessary. A) Read and translate the text. Read the text carefully and decide whether these statements are true or false. Reason it out. Write down a brief phrase or single word to mean the same as each of the following words. · rapid · international · appropriate · licensing · confines · export · cross-border commerce 1. Prospective international managers must first realize there are a... [читать подробенее]