Менеджмент EXERCISES просмотров - 84
Predicting future events from the present situation.
Intentions and plans.
The use of GOING TO.
"I hear you won the lottery. What are you going to do with the money?" - "I'm going to buy a new car." They are going to develop a new product next month. We're going to discuss the distribution costs at the next meeting. He's going to work in the Marketing Department for six months. What is he going to do when he leaves college? I’m not going to write to her, she's coming here next week. "When are you going to interview the new candidates?" - "I'm going to see all of them on Tuesday."
"What is the company going to do next year?” - "They're going to open a new factory in Turkey but they're not going to close the Manchester one.
Look at those black clouds. It’s going to rain soon.
We've tested the prototype and we're going to make some changes.
Look at the way that man is driving! He's going to have an accident.
They’re going to lose business, because they are so late with deliveries.
I feel terrible. I think I’m going to be sick.
Have you seen these sales figures! Our end-of-year results are going to
Use the following words to make full sentences about the future. Use going to.
I. I/ work / on the production report.
2. He / play / tennis on Saturday.
3. What / you / do / tomorrow evening?
4. What / he / say / to the customers about the delay?
5. When / you / read / the report?
6. What kind / computer / they / buy?
Choose the following verbs to complete the sentences. Put the verbs into the correct form. Use GOING TO.
resign, clean, tell, lie, have.
1. I've got a headache. I ___ down.
2. He's hungry. He ___ a sandwich.
3. My car's dirty. I ___it.
4. She doesn’t like her job. She ___.
5. He doesn't know about the new project. I ___ him.
Match the sentences on the left with the ones on the right
1. I don’t feel well. a. I think it's going to rain.
2. They've already scored 3 goals. b. I'm going to see a doctor.
3. Sheila's working very hard. c. I think he's going to bring the meeting to the end.
4. The sky's very dark. d. I think they're going to win.
5. John's looking at the watch. e. I think she's going to finish the report on time.
Work in pairs. Use the words below to make questions with GOING TO. Answer your partner's questions.
Example: what / marketing department / next year?
What is the marketing department going to do next year? - It's going to
change the design of the shampoo bottles and improve the packaging.
1. who / design / bottles?
2. why / marketing department / change / design?
3. what / Mr Marcus / bring / next meeting?
4. what / marketing department / cut / next year?
5. what / Nina / do / before / next meeting?
Work in pairs. Answer the questions below.
What is the Government going to do next year?
What is your company going to do in the next few years?
What is your department going to do in the next few weeks?
Now think of three more questions with GOING TO to ask your partner.
Work in pairs. Look at the WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? Worksheet.
What are you going to do? Worksheet.
Some companies have a suggestion box. Here are some of the suggestions people made in one company last year.
Set up a creche for working mothers.
Provide fully-subsidized meals for all staff.
Have a staff party every summer for employees and families.
Build a gym and sauna for the use of all staff.
Ban all smoking in the building.
Provide free English lessons for all staff in company time.
With your partner, list at least seven of your own ideas for improvements to your own company.
You can make only FOUR of the improvements next year. Decide which ones. Tell the rest of the class what improvements you are going to make and why.
Make complete sentences.
1. we / open / new factory / Turkey.
2. they / advertise / new workers.
3. she / not / change /job.
4. he / buy / new computer?
5. when / you / discuss / report?
6. how many / people / move / new offices? 7. I / write / report / tomorrow evening.
8. you / meet / new staff / next week?
9. what / new government / do / about taxes?
What are you going to do in the next few months? Write five sentences about yon and your family. Use GOING TO.
Work in pairs. Look at the situations below. What can you say in each situation.
1. You are flying an airplane. Both engines are in fire.
2. You are watching an athlete running a marathon. He is at least five minutes ahead of all the other competitors and very close to the finishing line.
3. You see a large stack of books on someone's desk. They are starting to wobble.
4. You are sitting in a very long traffic jam. You are supposed to be at a meeting in ten minutes.
Look at the predictions below. What evidence do you think the speakers have for saying these things?
I think she's going to get better soon. We're going to be rich. I think my computer's going to crash. Watch out! It's going to explode!
1. Complete the sentences with the verb in the correct form: Present Simple, Future Simple Tenses. Watch tadpoles grow 16) If you look in a pond, you ..... (see) in a shallow water great lumps of jelly. That ..... (be) frog's spawn. Mother frog ..... (lay) up to 800 eggs. Don't think she ..... ( take) care of them. She ...... ( leave) them, floating on the surface to look after themselves as soon as the eggs are laid. Then in a few days if you look at an egg you ..... ( notice) a black spot,... [читать подробенее]
1. Put in a\an or the where necessary. ..…Britain, in which ... fifty million people live and work, is,.. land of... great variety. There are many large cities, but they are surrounded with ... quiet countryside. There are ... plains in ... east, hills in... center and south-west, and ... mountains in ... north. Some parts of ... country are almost without ... trees while others have ... great forests, ... south is ... land of... rivers, but Scotland is... land of ... lakes. One of ...... [читать подробенее]
1. Complete the sentences with the verb in the correct form: Present Simple, Present Perfect, Past Simple Tense. INTERFERON Virus diseases …..( plague) mankind for thousands of years, but, until recently, no medical treatment for them …..( be) available. Although the use of vaccines almost …..(eliminate) several major viral diseases, such as polio and smallpox, medical research …..( provide) no means for treating virus diseases already established in the body. No drugs …..( be)... [читать подробенее]
Exercise 296. Choose the appropriate variant. 1. … get up after the operation yet? a) Is he allowed to b) Can he c) Might he 2. The trip by train lasted for a week! They … exhausted by now! a) had better b) can c) must 3. Percy … watered my cyclamen, look, it’s dying. a) didn’t have to b) needn’t have c) might have 4. You … be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time, otherwise you will have problems with registration. a) are to b) have to c) must 5. I … hear... [читать подробенее]
Exercises to the lead-in section and the text (Upstream Intermediate, pp.6 – 7) I. Use the dictionary and see the pictures on the next page to find out the differences between the following types of buildings. Get ready to explain them to the class: 1. a bungalow 2. a terraced house BrE / row house AmE 3. a semi-detached house BrE / duplex AmE 4. a detached house 5. a block of flats BrE / an apartment building AmE 6. a cottage 7. a ranch house II. Learn the pronunciation... [читать подробенее]
work n работа, труд manual (intellectual) work физический (умственный) труд to erase distinctions between manual and intellectual work стереть различия между физическим и умственным трудом Z zone n зона; пояс a time zone часовой пояс a climatic zone климатический пояс the Non-Black Earth Zone Нечерноземная... [читать подробенее]
C capacity n мощность annual capacity to have a capacity (with a capacity) of 2,000,000 kilowatts годовая производительность иметь мощность (мощностью) в 2 000 000 киловатт. (public) catering n общественное питание a catering institution/establishment предприятие общественного питания census n перепись населения to take... [читать подробенее]
She was sent to the neighbouring republic of Uzbekistan to continue her education. There, in Tashkent, under a decree signed by Lenin, the first state university in Central Asia had been opened in 1920. Tajibayeva joined its geological department. She was in Tashkent when the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 broke out. She attended lectures in the morning and nursed the wounded in the hospitals at night. In 1943 Patchaim Tajibayeva graduated from the University with honours. She was thinking... [читать подробенее]
UNIT FIFTEEN THE SOVIET UNION TODAY Topics and Texts for Discussion* V. I. Lenin, the founder of the first socialist state. The Great October Socialist Revolution, a turning point in the history of mankind. The USSR, a voluntary union of free nations. The new Constitution of the USSR. Fundamental human rights guaranteed to Soviet citizens. The Soviet socialist way of life. Large-scale construction in the USSR. Contribution of Komsomol members to the economic development of the country. The... [читать подробенее]
Text 1. From the history of Belarus Additional texts for reading Exercises 1. Replace the following definitions by one word from text 3: – land along each side of a river or canal; – things, circumstances, surroundings, that make life easy or pleasant; – a part of a town or a country marked out for a special purpose; – to be shut in on all sides; – buildings and equipment of an institution, factory; – buildings where goods are made (esp. by... [читать подробенее]