Изобретательство Answer the following questions. просмотров - 112
Choose the necessary word and put it into the gap.
Translate the following sentences into Russian paying attention to the words in bold type.
a) 1. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
2. He's been out of work for a month but now he's found a very good job in New York.
3. A doctor, a teacher, a journalist, and an architect are very good professions.
4. He comes from a professional family.
5. He took up journalism as his career.
6. A job is something you do to make money but career comprises your interests, abilities and ambitions.
7. I could never do an ordinary nine-to-five job.
8. It's important to find a job that offers good career prospects.
9. Nursing is hard work and often low paid but for many people it is a vocation.
10. Medicine has always been a male-dominated profession.
b) 1. The car industry is one of the biggest employers.
2. The number of people in employment has fallen.
3. The new contract will enable us to employ about 50 extra people.
4. I wrote five applications for jobs but didn't get a single reply.
5. Anyone under 30 need not apply.
6. Have you got any income apart from your pay?
7. Bob is on a very good salary now.
8. Her teaching experiencegave her abigadvantage over the other applicants for the job.
9. We will need to havereferencesfrom your formeremployers.
10. We still have vacancies for drivers but all the other positions have been filled.
|1. We are going to interview three ... for the position.||1 advertise|
|2. If you need applicants for this position, ... in a special section of the local newspaper.||2 curriculum vitae|
|3. Personnel office will help you to find a new ...||3 employee|
|4. All the information about the staff of the firm can be found in ...||4 applicants|
|5. She has a good ... for the position: a college degree, good work experience.||5 personnel office|
|6. I want to find a new secretary, so I'll call an employment ...||6 qualification|
|7. If you are an applicant for the position, you have to write your ...||7 agency|
|8. Don't ask him ... questions, it will be impolite.||8 personal|
a)1) Have you ever had a full-time or part-time job?
What was your job?
How did you get it?
What was your salary (wage)?
2) Is it difficult for a NSTU graduate to find a well-paid job?
b)What qualities best describe people who want to succeed in work or study? Add some more. Use the following words in your answers.
c) What qualities do you have to get a good job in future?
d)Think of preferences concerning your future job. Put a cross on each line to indicate your opinion.
|prefer to work alone||prefer to work in a team|
|like taking risks||plan to avoid risks|
|like variety||like routine|
|like to work in one place||like travelling|
|prefer to talk||prefer to listen|
|prefer to manage||prefer to be managed|
|like pressure||dislike pressure|
|prefer to think||prefer to act|
|take a long-term view||take a short-term view|
e)Analyse the previous answers (in b, c, d) and assess your qualities and abilities using the scheme.
|Personal strengths||Personal weaknesses||Suggestions for further development|
|I'm independent||I'm not persistent||I should work|
|I prefer to work alone||I dislike pressure||to improve my ...|
|I should be more ...|
Read and translate these dialogues. Answer the following questions Translate the words and word combinations given in brackets Say whether the following statements are true or false 1. Weather is the conditions of the atmosphere over a period of some years. 2. Deserts are commonly found where the climate is humid and not cold. 3. The position of the island in the temperate belt is one of the facts that determine the climate of Britain. 4. The British... [читать подробенее]
Read and translate the dialogue. Reproduce it Translate into English Complete the following sentences Fill in the blanks with the suitable words from the text 1. ………. makes up only 0.02 per cent of the mass of the earth. 2. ………. is composed of materials much denser than those making up the crust. 3. The atmosphere, the hydrosphere and the lithosphere are the ………. layers of the earth. 4. The earth is not a true ……….... [читать подробенее]
Complete the following sentences Translate these sentences into English Reproduce the dialogue. Use the words and word combinations in brackets instead of given ones Look through the text and find English equivalents for the following word combinations -готовить специалистов -выполнять курсовые работы -курс обучения -различные регионы мира -принимать... [читать подробенее]
Read the texts and reproduce them in the form of a dialogue Complete the following sentences Say whether the following statements are true or false 1. Antarctica is larger than Europe and Australia. 2. Ninety per cent of the world’s ice is known to be concentrated on the North Pole. 3. The thickness of the ice cap has been measured to average about 800 feet. 4. There are many rivers in Antarctica. 5. Antarctica is devoid of plant and animal... [читать подробенее]
Task 14. Complete the sentences using the following word expressions from the box. Task 12. Match the English and Ukrainian equivalents. 1. be really matter 2. receive 3. resort 4. the armed forces 5. the dissolution 6. the heir a) oтримати b) спадкоємець c) військові сили d) мати значення e) розпуск f) звернення Task 13. Fill in the gaps with the appropriate prepositions: 1) The size of... [читать подробенее]
II. Give (he principal forms of the following verbs? to try; to lose; to shake; to break; to injure; to deny; to win; to pay; to testify; to grow III. Find in the text English equivalents for the following Russian phrases and sentences and use them in situations based on the text: вот, что я Вам скажу, мисс Каннингем...; за исключением некоторых подробностей; у него было такое чувство, что...; как... [читать подробенее]
Choose the necessary word and put it into the gap. Translate the following sentences into Russian paying attention to the words in bold type. a) 1. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 2. He's been out of work for a month but now he's found a very good job in New York. 3. A doctor, a teacher, a journalist, and an architect are very good professions. 4. He comes from a professional family. 5. He took up journalism as his career. 6. A job is something you... [читать подробенее]
VII. Choose the correct word VI. Choose the correct, most natural-sounding responses according to the context of the conversation You: Could I get another _____________, please? I'm a little cold. a). Coke b). blanket c). magazine Flight attendant: Certainly, sir. Would you like a pillow as well? You: No, thanks. But could you please bring me a ________________? a). Coke b). liquid c). soft Flight attendant: Sure, would you like ice in that? You: Yes, please...... [читать подробенее]
1. When do you usually go shopping? 2. Where do you go shopping? 3. What have you bought today in the way of food? 4. What have you recently bought in the way of manufactured goods? 5. What departments do you visit most often? 6. Are the shops crowded when you do your shopping? 7. What do you usually buy in the market? 8. What is the biggest Department Store in Kyiv (in your home town)? 9. What is your favourite shop / Department Store? Why? 10. Are you a spendaholic? What... [читать подробенее]
LISTENING Match each word from the text with its synonym. Fill in the words from the list below. Use each word only once. LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENTengine, steam, mechanical, external, combustion, vehicle, chemical 1. air-breathing ….. 2. internal ….. engine 3. original ….. engine 4. non combustive ….. reactions 5. useful ….. motion 6. engine-powered ….. 7. ….. combustion engine 1. fluid a) power 2. engine b) apparatus 3. energy c)... [читать подробенее]