Химия Answer the questions просмотров - 194
|fire - вогонь enough - достатньо content- зміст unprotected – незахищений nevertheless – тим не менш cool - прохолодний just – точний temporary- тимчасовий||alteration - зміни regain– досягати further- сприяти sufficiently - достатньо bubble - кипіти diminish - зменшуватися disappear - зникати altogether – загалом|
1. When does an iron rod increase in energy content?
2. What happens when an iron rod cools to its original temperature?
3. What are the examples of a physical change?
4. What kinds of changes are familiar to everyone?
5. What happens to the ice when it is heated?
6. When do bubbles begin to form on the rod?
7. When does the rod disappear altogether?
8. What is a chemical change?
1. Find the pairs of synonyms:
to rise, to change, to occur, to alter, to get, to take place, to obtain, to increase.
2. Find the pairs of antonyms:
to enter, to appear, to leave, to disappear, to evolve, to involve, to cool, to continue,
to heat, to cease.
4. Translate the following words and word-combinations:
|Increase content until hot behavior to melt reverse original subsequent to result in instance||state to note bubble to result from temporary alteration composition value totally simply|
4. Translate the following sentences, mind the Participles:
1. A change accompanied by the evolution of heat is described as exothermic, while one in which heat is absorbed is called endothermic. 2. The substance begins to melt if heated to a sufficient temperature. 3. The method involved depended on a number of factors described earlier. 4. If a given amount of energy is put into machine, the very amount will be developed, neither more nor less. 5. Experiments made with various elastic materials have shown that there is a simple relationship between the acting force and the resistance force. 6. A given molecule is able to move within the liquid from place to place. 7. Solids can be changed to gases when they are heated. 8. The experiments carried out in our laboratory resulted in many new investigations in the field of ceramics. 9. The energy produced by the splitting of the nucleus of an atom is called nuclear or atomic energy. 10. Mostly atoms contain uncharged particles called neutrons.
5. Open the brackets translating the Ukrainian words:
1. An iron rod (нагрітий) in the fire increases in energy content. 2. (При охолодженні) to the original temperature the substance becomes solid. 3. The question (про яке йшла мова) was discussed at the last melting. 4. The new experiment (про який казали) so much will be carried out again very soon. 5. The piece of ice (розміщений) in the water began to melt. 6. (При нагріванні) ice melts. 7. The text (переписаний) by him was very useful in our work. 8. The new device (продемонстрований) by our professor was very interesting. 9. (При випаровуванні) a mass of greenish crystals will be obtained. 10. The work (виконана) in time was very important.
Dates Ordinal numbers Cardinal numbers Exercise 5. Write down the following in figures.1. twenty-five million seven hundred thirty-two thousand 2. ten million five hundred sixty-seven thousand five hundred fifty-two 3. two million one hundred fifty thousand one hundred thirty-one 4. one million six hundred eighty-two thousand twelve 5. one point three million 6. sixty-seven thousand and five 7. two hundred thousand ninety-five 8. forty-five... [читать подробенее]
1. Exercise 2. Have a look at the adverbs in bolt. Find them in the UNIT and guess their meaning. Read the quotations and translate them. Exercise 1. Find the Russian equivalent. 1. to indulge in 2. to prefer 3. to introduce 4. to expect 5. to proffer 6. to squeeze 7. to exchange 8. to gain A. расценивать B. выражать C. предлагать D. приобретать E. кричать F. следовать G. избегать H.... [читать подробенее]
Ex. 59. Complete the following sentences about the important moments in history using the Past Continuous form of the verbs in brackets. Ex. 58Read the story and rewrite it in the past tense. Ex.57 Using the Past Continuous tense, fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verbs shown in brackets. Ex.56 Using the Past Continuous tense, fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verbs shown in brackets. Then rewrite the following affirmative statements as questions... [читать подробенее]
Ex. 48. Explain the use of the Simple Past in the following sentences. The First TV Soap Opera Ex. 47. Put the verbs in brackets into the Past Simple. The first TV soap opera (a) ……….. (appear) on American television just after the Second World War. Its name (b) ………. (be) Faraway Hill and it (c) ……….. (begin) on the 2nd of October, 1946. A famous Broadway actress, Flora Campbell, (d) ………… (play) Karen St. John, a rich New York woman who (e) ……….... [читать подробенее]
EQUITY In a general sense equity means fairness. In English law, equity means that body of rules originally enforced only by the Court of Chancery. Equity has been described as “a gloss (meaning a supplement) on the common law”, filling in the gaps and making the English legal system more complete. Petitions from persons unable to obtain justice in the common law courts were sent to the King as “fountain of justice”. These petitions were sometimes examined by the King and Council... [читать подробенее]
Task 12. Fill in the blanks. Task 11. Guess the meaning of the international words using in the text. Task 10. Make up the questions. SUBMISSION SEAT 1) something to sitting on, e.g. a chair 2) a place where something is, or is located or based 3) a parliamentary constituency 4) membership in legislative body1) act of accepting the power or authority of another 2) legal theory, opinion presented to a judge or jury 3) the act of presenting something, e.g. a... [читать подробенее]
Task 10. Make up sentences using the following expressions. Judicial branch, according to, the highest tribunal, Chief Justice, to be appointed by, to be approved by, to alter, successful experience, to pass laws, to be authorized, principal duty, to be at stake. 1. What responsibility does the judicial branch have? 2. What kind of court is the judicial power vested in according to the Constitution? 3. Could you describe the Supreme Court of the USA? 4. What do you know about the... [читать подробенее]
Part two Discuss the following before you listen. You will hear an interview with Tim Rice, who wrote the lyrics for Part one The writerJesus Christ Superstar. It was first performed in the 1970s, but hasn’t been performed many times since. Andrew Lloyd Webber composed the music. a) What are some of the main events in the life of Jesus Christ? Who were some of the main characters in his life? b) Why do you think Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd... [читать подробенее]
Ex. 3. Read and translate the text. The Randolf sisters, Sadie and Esther, live just a block away from each other. Sadie constantly complains that the people in town are cold and unfriendly, while Esther finds them warm and pleasant. Although Sadie can’t see it, the difference is in the way they approach those people. Sadie and her husband have a lovely house. It’s filled with beautiful antique furniture and glassware that is so fragile it could easily be broken by a careless guest... [читать подробенее]
Discussion Ex. 1. Read and translate the text. Ex. 2.Work in pairs. Ex. 1. Answer the questions. Discussion 1. What are the three types of housing mentioned? 2. What is the ratio of houses to flats in Britain? 3. What has happened to home ownership in Britain? 4. What sort of people in the UK are most and least likely to own their houses? 5. Explain the following: sheltered housing, a mortgage, a slum area.1. What differences are there between housing in... [читать подробенее]