География Answer the following questions просмотров - 114
Read and translate the dialogue. Reproduce it
Translate into English
Complete the following sentences
Fill in the blanks with the suitable words from the text
1. ………. makes up only 0.02 per cent of the mass of the earth.
2. ………. is composed of materials much denser than those making up the crust.
3. The atmosphere, the hydrosphere and the lithosphere are the ………. layers of the earth.
4. The earth is not a true ………. but a ………. .
5. The discovery of ………. gave the scientists a new means of estimating ………. of the earth.
6. ………. includes the rocks of the continents as well as the rocks beneath the ocean floor.
7. The continents are made up of ………. covered by a thin layer of ……, and underlain by ………. .
1. Compared with quite an ordinary star, like the sun, the earth ………. .
2. By measuring the amount of lead present in rocks containing uranium we can ………. .
3. The atmosphere, the outermost layer, is ………. .
4. The floor of the ocean basins is mostly underlain by………. .
5. The mantle is believed to consist of ………. .
6. The oldest rock so far discovered has been dated at ………. .
7. One gram of uranium will yield ………. .
1. Атмосфера, гидросфера и литосфера - ϶ᴛᴏ внешние оболочки Земли.
2. Атмосфера – воздушная оболочка Земли, гидросфера – водная оболочка Земли, литосфера – земная кора + часть мантии.
3. Гидросфера включает воды Мирового Океана, воды суши и воду в атмосфере.
4. Газы, из которых состоит атмосфера: 78 % азот, 21 % кислород, 1 % другие газы.
5. Земная кора - ϶ᴛᴏ твердая оболочка, покрывающая землю.
6. Земная кора, мантия и внутренняя часть ядра твердые, внешняя часть ядра считается жидкой.
7. Ученые считают, что Земля образовалась около 4.5 миллиардов лет назад.
A: We can easily study the outer layer of the earth but how do scientists form theories about the inside of the earth?
B: Well, theories about the structure of the earth are based on facts. Being unable to penetrate into the centre of the earth scientists must collect facts indirectly. Most information comes from studying earthquakes.
A: Perhaps it is the waves caused by earthquakes that are being studied, isn’t it?
B: Quite right. A record is kept of the intensity, time and direction of the waves send from the earthquake centres.
A: Do the waves travel at a uniform speed?
B: No. It seems that the waves bounce off from certain layers and it is this information which shows us that the earth has different layers, that it is not uniform from the surface to the core.
What are the outer layers of the earth?
What is atmosphere? hydrosphere? lithosphere?
What are the three major parts of the earth?
What kinds of materials are the crust and the mantle composed of?
The core is believed to vary in structure and composition, isn’t it?
What method has been used to estimate the age of the earth?
What is the approximate age of the earth?
7.10 Write down a summarizing sentence for each paragraph of the text “The Earth”. On the basis of the above task, prepare an oral summary of the text
Read and translate these dialogues. Answer the following questions Translate the words and word combinations given in brackets Say whether the following statements are true or false 1. Weather is the conditions of the atmosphere over a period of some years. 2. Deserts are commonly found where the climate is humid and not cold. 3. The position of the island in the temperate belt is one of the facts that determine the climate of Britain. 4. The British... [читать подробенее]
Complete the following sentences Translate these sentences into English Reproduce the dialogue. Use the words and word combinations in brackets instead of given ones Look through the text and find English equivalents for the following word combinations -готовить специалистов -выполнять курсовые работы -курс обучения -различные регионы мира -принимать... [читать подробенее]
Read the texts and reproduce them in the form of a dialogue Complete the following sentences Say whether the following statements are true or false 1. Antarctica is larger than Europe and Australia. 2. Ninety per cent of the world’s ice is known to be concentrated on the North Pole. 3. The thickness of the ice cap has been measured to average about 800 feet. 4. There are many rivers in Antarctica. 5. Antarctica is devoid of plant and animal... [читать подробенее]
Task 14. Complete the sentences using the following word expressions from the box. Task 12. Match the English and Ukrainian equivalents. 1. be really matter 2. receive 3. resort 4. the armed forces 5. the dissolution 6. the heir a) oтримати b) спадкоємець c) військові сили d) мати значення e) розпуск f) звернення Task 13. Fill in the gaps with the appropriate prepositions: 1) The size of... [читать подробенее]
II. Give (he principal forms of the following verbs? to try; to lose; to shake; to break; to injure; to deny; to win; to pay; to testify; to grow III. Find in the text English equivalents for the following Russian phrases and sentences and use them in situations based on the text: вот, что я Вам скажу, мисс Каннингем...; за исключением некоторых подробностей; у него было такое чувство, что...; как... [читать подробенее]
Choose the necessary word and put it into the gap. Translate the following sentences into Russian paying attention to the words in bold type. a) 1. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 2. He's been out of work for a month but now he's found a very good job in New York. 3. A doctor, a teacher, a journalist, and an architect are very good professions. 4. He comes from a professional family. 5. He took up journalism as his career. 6. A job is something you... [читать подробенее]
VII. Choose the correct word VI. Choose the correct, most natural-sounding responses according to the context of the conversation You: Could I get another _____________, please? I'm a little cold. a). Coke b). blanket c). magazine Flight attendant: Certainly, sir. Would you like a pillow as well? You: No, thanks. But could you please bring me a ________________? a). Coke b). liquid c). soft Flight attendant: Sure, would you like ice in that? You: Yes, please...... [читать подробенее]
1. When do you usually go shopping? 2. Where do you go shopping? 3. What have you bought today in the way of food? 4. What have you recently bought in the way of manufactured goods? 5. What departments do you visit most often? 6. Are the shops crowded when you do your shopping? 7. What do you usually buy in the market? 8. What is the biggest Department Store in Kyiv (in your home town)? 9. What is your favourite shop / Department Store? Why? 10. Are you a spendaholic? What... [читать подробенее]
LISTENING Match each word from the text with its synonym. Fill in the words from the list below. Use each word only once. LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENTengine, steam, mechanical, external, combustion, vehicle, chemical 1. air-breathing ….. 2. internal ….. engine 3. original ….. engine 4. non combustive ….. reactions 5. useful ….. motion 6. engine-powered ….. 7. ….. combustion engine 1. fluid a) power 2. engine b) apparatus 3. energy c)... [читать подробенее]
UNIT 1 ПЕРЕДМОВА У наш час іноземна мова – важливий засіб міжнародного спілкування, і зараз українське суспільство відчуває потребу у фахівцях різних галузей, які активно володіли б іноземною мовою для розв’язання своїх професійних та особистих проблем. Це означає,... [читать подробенее]