Экология ANSWERS просмотров - 116
1. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a landmark document.
2. 10 December 1948.
3. At the Palais de Chaillot, in Paris, France.
4. Eleanor Roosevelt (USA), Rene Cassin (Fr.), Charles Malik (Leb.), Peng Chun Chang (China), Herman Santa Cruz (Chile), Alexandre Bogomolov /Alexei Pavlov (USSR),'Lord Dukeston /Geoffrey Wilson (U.K.) William Hodgson (Aus.) and John Humphrey (Can.).
6. Right to life, liberty and security of person; education; freedom of thought, conscience and religion; freedom of opinion and expression; work; seek and obtain asylum from persecution in other countries (among others).
7. The fiftieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
8. To each individual, regardless of gender, race, religion or cultural background.
9. "All Human Rights for All"
10. 10 December each year.
11. In commemoration of the date of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
13. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, together with the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
14. The Commission on Human Rights, the Commission on the Status of Women, and the Subcommisson on the Prevention of Discrimination and Protection of Minorities.
15. 53 countries, representing all regions of the world.
16. The Economic and Social Council, according to regional geographical distribution.
17. In Geneva for six weeks each year.
18. Three. Eleanor Roosevelt (USA) Princess Ashraf Pahlavi (Iran) and PuriticaGtpn Quisumbing (Philippines).
19. The Third Committee (Social. Humanitarian and Cultural).
20. The Declaration on the Right to Development, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1986.
21. The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva, formerly known as the Centre for Human Rights.
22. 1983. Two.
23. Mrs. Mary Robinson (former President of Ireland).
24. Mr. Jose Ayala Lasso (Ecuador), from April 1994 to March 1997.
25. Two. One in Tehran (Iran), 22April - 13 May 1968, and the other in Vienna (Austria) 14 - 25 June 1993.
26. The Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action.
27. In Geneva. Yes, the Human Rights Committee, the Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances, and the Committee on the Elimination of Disappearances against Women.
28. A convention is a legally binding treaty, coming into force upon ratification by a certain number of States. A declaration is not legally binding but carries moral weight because it is adopted by the international community.
29. The Geneva Conventions.
30. The Human Rights Committee that monitors the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination and the Committee on Torture.
31. The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
32. A procedure that allows anyone efface group of persons to report human rights violations to the United (rations even when the case is not covered by United Nations treaty).
33. Six treaty bodies. Each treaty body monitors how countries implement a specific human rights treaty,
34. Covenants on Civil and Political Rights; Economic, Social and Cultural Rights; Conventions on the Rights of the Child; Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women; Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, and against Torture.
35. Conventional mechanisms (treaty Bodies to monitor compliance of States parties to Conventions) and extra-conventional mechanisms (Special Reporters, working-groups and Special Representatives).
36. Special reporters are experts appointed by the Commission on Human Rights. They examine, monitor and publicly report on human rights situations and compliance States with international instruments.
B) Compare your answer with your partner and discuss how you decide when to begin a new paragraph. Define the main idea of each paragraph. A) Read the text and divide it into five paragraphs. Study the essay format. In pairs discuss how you can organize this type of essay. THE ESSAY SUGGESTING SOLUTIONS TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS OF THE CITY YOU LIVE IN WRITING INTRODUCTION Paragraph 1 State the problem, its cause and effect ... [читать подробенее]
Ask questions to which the following sentences are the answers Translate words and word combinations given in brackets Say whether the following statements are true or false 1. About seventy-one per cent of the earth’s surface is occupied by land. 2. Four oceans form the World Ocean. 3. North America is the biggest continent while Australia is the smallest one. 4. Twenty-nine per cent of the earth’s surface is occupied by the seas. 5. Both North... [читать подробенее]
Exercise 4. Answer the questions. Head of a Young Woman (painting of Andrea del Verrocchio) Paintings of Albrecht Duerer Exercise 2. Match the figures and the words as they are used in the UNIT. 1. 300 A. pounds 2. 2,000 B. objects 3. 18,000 C. miles 4. 10,000 D. school children 5. 6,500 E. musical instruments 6. 5,000 F. objects 7. 6 G. drawings. 8. 4 H. adults 9. 3.5 million I. centuries 10. 5,000 J. paintings 11. 1,000 K. pounds Exercise 3. In... [читать подробенее]
EQUITY In a general sense equity means fairness. In English law, equity means that body of rules originally enforced only by the Court of Chancery. Equity has been described as “a gloss (meaning a supplement) on the common law”, filling in the gaps and making the English legal system more complete. Petitions from persons unable to obtain justice in the common law courts were sent to the King as “fountain of justice”. These petitions were sometimes examined by the King and Council... [читать подробенее]
Reporting conversations or dialogues Everyday conversations and dialogues are a mixture of statements, commands and questions. To report these we use: and, as, adding that, and he/she added that, explaining that, because, but, since, so, and then he/she went on to say, while, thenetc or the introductory verb in the present participle form. Exclamations such as: Oh!, Ouch!, Oh no! etc are omitted. Direct Speech Reported Speech “Oh, it’s a lovely evening. Shall we go... [читать подробенее]
Use the correct words to fill the gaps in these sentences. You are given a paraphrase of the meaning in brackets. Video Club. 1) You will watch an episode about a notorious hacker. Before you watch answer the following questions. · What is the difference between computer programmers and computer hackers? · Do you think hacking can be malicious? 2) Watch a piece of news from the BBC World Service. Note the following information to complete the chart. ... [читать подробенее]
Find the appropriate word for the definition. Translate the words and word combinations into English. Незмінні передумови, отримувати численні здобутки, пристосовуватися до принципів вільного ринку, вільна діяльність журналістів та видавців, вільний доступ до друкованої продукції, ”четверта влада”,... [читать подробенее]
A. Complete the headlines wit the correct word. The News On the left there is a list of headlines. On the right there is a list of news topics. Match the headlines with the appropriate topic as in the example. 1. PM BACKS PEACE PLAN marriage of famous actress 2. MP SPY DRAMA royal jewels are stolen 3. SPACE PROBE FAILS person who saw crime in danger 4. QUEEN'S GEMS RIDDLE proposal to end war 5. STAR WEDS satellite... [читать подробенее]
ITEM 9.2. TO BE GOING TO DO SMTH (PRESENT SIMPLE. NEGATIVE SENTENCES) Exercise 4. Read the situations and complete the dialogues. Use going to. 1 You have decided to write some letters this evening. FRIEND: Are you going out this evening? YOU: No, I'm going to write some letters. 2 You are a smoker but you have decided to give it up soon. FRIEND: Smoking is very bad for you. YOU: I know…… 1 You have been offered a job but you have decided not to take it. FRIEND: I... [читать подробенее]
ITEM 1.3. TO BE. (INTERROGATIVE SENTENCES) Exercise 3. Make this text negative. Exercise 1. Write the short form. ITEM 1.2. TO BE. (NEGATIVE SENTENCES) Exercise 6. Make sentences with the words from two columns. Africa Asia Australia Europe North America South America the rivers Danube and Volga the cities Melbourne and Sidney the deserts Sahara and Kalahara the countries Mexico and Peru the mountains the Himalayas and Tien Shan the... [читать подробенее]